How to Measure Windows for Custom Drapery Panels
Determine Space Needed for Drapery Pole
- Measure window width – window frame to outside (A).
- Add 2″-8″ for panels to rest on either side of window frame when open.
- Add the extra inches needed for decorative finials.
- The total from the 3 measurements above is the amount of horizontal space needed for your drapery rod.
Determine Drapery Pole Placement
- If not using rings: measure from bottom of pole to floor (B).
- If using rings: add up to 2 1/2″ to the drapery length to determine the pole height.
Determine Drapery Length
- If not using rings: measure from bottom of pole to top of floor or top of window sill, depending on desired coverage (C).
- If using rings: add up to 2 1/2″ to the length, depending on desired coverage (D).
Determine Panel Width
- Measure overall window width (A).
- To the number above, add another 2″-8″ to reduce light gaps as desired; this is the overall panel width needed.
Once you have your measurements, place your oder. And if you’d like to see and feel the fabrics first, order a few swatches from our extensive collection to help you decide.
Call us at 1-800-370-0813 today.